Sujith Panikkar has a Master’s Degree in Safety, Health and Environment Technology from National University of Singapore, Bachelors in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from the University of Kerala, India and is a Certified Functional Safety Expert from TÜV Rheinland, TÜV SÜD and CFSE Board, USA.
He has over 27 years of experience in the field of Industrial Automation Systems & products for Oil & Gas, Petroleum Refining, and LNG, downstream petrochemicals industry projects including Distributed Control Systems, Foundation Fieldbus and Safety Instrumented Systems (for ESD / BMS / F&G applications) and Intrinsically Safe hazardous area interfaces.
He has delivered talks at industry seminars and events including:
• APCChe 2012, Singapore – Process Safety Seminar: “Safety Instrumented Systems- A critical Barrier”
• 11th TÜV Rheinland International Symposium: Functional Safety in Industrial Applications May 13 - 14, 2014 in Cologne, Germany: “Preventing Spurious Trips in the Chemical Process Plant: The Role of Functional Safety Management”
• Singapore ICSS Cyber Security Summit 2016: Near-Miss Incidents Analysis In the Chemical
• Process Plant– A Cyber Security Perspective
• IChemE HAZARDS 2016 conference, Singapore – Proof Testing of Safety Instrumented Functions.
• Singapore Safety Case Symposium 2018: SIS Safety Lifecycle Management in the context of Singapore Safety Case Regime
• 2018 Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Cyber Security Conference, Singapore: Integrating Cybersecurity and Functional Safety
Currently he is a Senior Consultant and Director in Functional Safety and Security for Safety Instrumented Systems at HIMA Asia Pacific.