On first January 2016, a new public interest organization is born, the Walloon Agency for Health, Social Protection, Disability and Families, hereinafter AViQ (Quality of Life Agency), located in Charleroi, rue de la Rivelaine, 21 and represented by its General Administrator, Ms. Alice BAUDINE, acting under article 26/1,§1 of the Walloon Code of the Social Action and Health.
The Agency is responsible for core policy tasks: Well-being and Health, Disability and Family.
Well-being and health
• The reimbursement of social security benefits related to health in nursing homes;
• The organisation of frontline home help and care;
• The prevention and the promotion in the field of health;
• The financing of accommodation infrastructures and hospitals.
• The awareness and the information in the field of disability;
• The policies related to the welcome and the accommodation of disabled people;
• The home adjustment help;
• The financing of employment policies.
• The definition of family allowances;
• The budget management and the control of the related funds.