What do you predict will be the up and coming trends for 2019?
“I would say:
1. An increase in males having procedures
Which I think is going to happen for 2 main reasons:
- Wider acceptance for men to receive treatments through consumer education and marketing, which is building awareness of procedures and making it easier to access information.
- The number of body contouring procedures is growing exponentially, and these treatments are popular among men. And with new technologies targeting muscle and not just fat it is easier to enhance not only your look but also your gym regime. Devices like EMSculpt the world’s only non-invasive clinically proven treatment to build muscle and burn fat, regenerate muscle fibres and a biproduct from this is fat loss. We are seeing an increase in male patient enquiries since introducing such technologies into my practice.
2. An increased focus on wellness in the clinic – physical as well as mental wellness. Focusing on a holistic approach to skin, face and body regeneration is essential as one of the main factors we see today is stress. Addressing mental health within our consultations is key as we are seeing an increasing number of stress-related skin concerns.
3. I would hope to see an extension in consultation times for all patients, and improvement in the quality of consultation in clinics. A detailed consultation is key, to really understand the patient and their motivations for seeking treatment. This will also help maintain and build on our industry’s reputation.
4. A growth in Picosecond technology for skin rejuvenation".