The French Packaging Council (CNE), a non-profit organization founded in 1997, is a moral authority and a forum for dialogue between the various players of the packaging industry: packaging materials manufacturers, packaging manufacturers (converters), producers of consumer goods, distributors, approved collection and recovery systems and operators, local authorities as well as consumer and environmental organizations.
The mission of the CNE is to develop and disseminate better practices in designing, using and marketing products packaging. As it is historically active in the development of a packaging waste prevention policy, the CNE more generally wishes to be a spearhead in the development of a responsible policy relative to the eco-design of products packaging.
This results in different actions:
- Developing and disseminating good practices in designing, production, retail and usage of products packaging.
- Formulating positions and advice to the different stakeholders.
- Being proactive in developing a product packaging eco-design policy.
- Developing and promoting prevention and source reduction.
- Facilitate exchanges between the different stakeholders.