Bag faster and more efficiently with a semi- or fully-automated bagging system from Automated Packaging Systems. Autobag pack food, mail order, medical, hardware, electronics and more up to 10x faster than hand-bagging, increasing productivity to cut costs.
Bagging systems are on display alongside desktop baggers with in-line printing, counting and weighing. Materials including stock and branded PE, EarthAware™, mail order, medical paper and ESD bags with traceability, easy-open and resealable features are available.
Plus AirPouch Express 3 void fill systems, which produce ultra lightweight cushions that reduce shipping and disposal costs, and feature EZ-Tear™ perforations to increase productivity and reduce risk of RSI.
And NEW FastWrap, which produces honeycomb bubbles and tubes on-demand for wrapping, interleaving and block-and-brace applications.
Autobag PS 125 OneStep
The Ultimate in Hand Load Packaging Systems
- All-electrical system does not require compressed air to run
- Compact design is ideal for low- to mid- volume packaging
- Stores jobs for later recall using operator-friendly controls
- Next-bag-out printing feature ensures greater accuracy and
eliminates product queuing in order fulfilment applications
- Capable of printing high resolution graphics, text and bar
codes directly on the bag
Void-fill system increases packing productivity and lowers shipping cost
- Produces air filled cushions at a rate of 15 metres/minute
- Unique EZ-Tear perforations increase productivity and reduce
risk of RSI
- Portable, all-electrical table top design requires no
- Boxed material means less reloading, reduced lifting and
recuded storage space requirements with up to 45% more
cushions than and average roll
- Ultra lightweight cushions reduces shipping and disposal costs
The Autobag Maximizer conveyor - Maximizes your investment by increasing your hand load productivity.
- Reduces labour cost while doubling packaging throughput, providing higher packaging productivity with few operators
- Ideal system for hand loading of kit packs and sub assemblies
- Simple Eye Detection system allows changeover from product to product to be instantaneous
- Can be integrated with simple robotics providing integrated, efficient packaging of at-site assmebled product
- Quick to set-up, easy to operate, reliable and fast
Autobag AB 180 OneStep
Flexible bagging system for fulfilment and short-run packaging applications
- Prints the next bag out, no product to queue and significantly
- Compatible with multiple materials for broad application
- Prints high-resolution text, graphics and bar codes directly on
to the bag, eliminating the need for a separate labelling
- Can be integrated with shipping and customer databases for
1:1 fulfilment packing and shipping
- On-board diagnostics and modular components ensure
- Change bag sizes easily in less than 2 minutes
NEW AirPouch Ultra Light film gives it a competitive edge
Automated Packaging Systems has unveiled a new Ultra Light gauge film for its AirPouch Express 3 system, adding to an already extensive range of air pillows and potentially cutting the environmental impact and cost of void-fill and protective packaging.
The new Ultra Light gauge film is available in the company’s innovative EarthAware film produced from single-source reprocessed material, standard polyethylene as well as in oxo degradable form. According to Automated Packaging Systems AirPouch expert Colin Gunnell, customers can be confident that both options offer the highest standards of performance.
“Air Pillow integrity and performance are primarily products of seal quality and consistency of air flow – both functions of the filling system. AirPouch Express 3 is designed to produce smooth high quality seals which perform well under pressure and over time.”
All AirPouch films for European use are converted and formed into pillows at the company’s production facility in Malvern, Worcestershire, which were extended in 2010 to meet increasing demand.
“Our new Ultra Light pillows are the first in a long line of innovations which are being made possible as a result of our newly extended facilities. We’re also responding to increases in demand for branded void fill pillows which makes great use of expertise we’ve developed on the branded bag side of our operations.”
AirPouch Express 3 is now available with Heavy Gauge, Light Gauge and Ultra Light Gauge pillows formed from standard polyethylene and oxo-degradable film. Light and Heavy Gauge pillows are also available in EarthAware™ material - the company’s highly acclaimed reprocessed film.
Increasing demand for natural pet food and reliability issues with non-Autobag equipment have forced one Home Countiesbased distributor to upgrade its packaging operation.
The subsequent increase in output highlights just how big an impact unreliability and inefficiency have on business growth.
Prior to the upgrade output their output of reptile and amphibian feed was being limited to around 400,000 units a year, in part as a result of regular breakdowns. But with the addition of an Autobag PS 125 desktop bagger capacity has more than doubled, reaching 900,000 bags without the need for additional labour.
Quick bag changeover, unbeatable reliability and pressure on space in the packing zone are the main reasons behind the PS125 purchase. The Autobag system’s low capital investment requirement also made it easy to demonstrate the business case.
Find out more at www.autobag.co.uk or call 0800 731 3643.
A higher standard of excellence in protective packaging on-demand
- Highly flexible system produces bubbles and tubes
on-demand for wrapping, interleaving and block-and-brace
- Tabletop, all-electrical system operates at 19
metres/minutes and combines with a variety of accessories,
making it ideal for any packing station
- High-yield, boxed material reduces storage of pre-filled
- Materials feature our exclusive honeycomb quilted pattern
and EZ-Tear perforations, and are available in a range of film
- Provides 'Faraday Cage' protection against Electro Static Dischage
- Semi transparent finish
- Printing availabe on request
- Suitable for packaging electronic products which are sensitive
to static e.g PCBs, IC integrated circuits, CD drives, HDs etc