Not to-be-missed business event
More than just a trade show, BUSINESS NORTH WEST 2012 will be packed full of cutting edge educational and networking content designed to give you information, ideas and inspiration to help grow your business. Don't miss:
- The insider Innovation Lounge - Inspirational keynote addresses delivered by some of the most influential, experienced and inspirational business people in the UK today. They’ll tell you how they succeeded, the mistakes they made and they’ll even answer your business questions. This year's keynote speakers included Jo Fairley co-founder of Green & Black's, ex-Dragons' Den participant and founder of Trunki Rob Law, the founder of Gü Puds James Averdieck to name but a few.
- The Social Media Keynote Theatre - Social media is a channel in its own right for marketing and sales purposes that you need to understand before you can use them. Business experts, including Google and PwC, will help you untangle the different platforms, whilst The Apprentice contestant, Alex Epstein, with Paul Skinner explain how to harness the power of networks; and there will be no secrets behind Twitter and LinkedIn after attending these talks.
- Think Digital learnShops - Develop your understanding of the latest technologies for your business when attending talks on future digital trends and innovations. A better appreciation of SEO, social media and online video will help you gain the vital understanding to take your digital marketing to the next level.
- 'How to' learnShops - Get tips and tricks from industry experts covering a wide range of business disciplines including social media, online marketing, financial advice, winning sales strategies and much more! These learnShops are designed specifically to help you sharpen up your business skills.
- Speed Networking - Your opportunity to meet 60 potential new suppliers and spend 60 seconds with each one. This is an extremely time-effective way to make new contacts.
- Lions' Lair - Enjoy the drama of this popular feature, a Dragons' Den style contest where a selection of exhibitors showcase their best new innovations to a panel of business experts.
- Angels Den Complimentary Business Funding Clinics – If you are seriously considering raising investment for your business but are not sure where to start, come along to the Angels Den theatre. This is your opportunity to ask any questions you may have on Angel funding, get advice on any aspect of your business or simply find out more about what you need to do to be ready to pitch for Angel funding.
- CIM Clinics - The Chartered Institute of Marketing will be running a series of marketing clinics at the show; these will be one-on-one sessions for visitors with CIM advisors. If you need help and advice on your organisation's marketing strategy then this is your opportunity to meet the experts and get your questions answered.
- CIM Marketing Mentors - For members of CIM, there will be a special session between 12 and 2pm on 17th April to launch their new mentoring scheme. Based on previous successful pilots, this exciting new scheme aims to bring together CIM members in a supportive environment to learn, share and gain CPD points. Mentors will be accepted from current Chartered Marketers.
- Hop on the Challenge 4 Change bus
Challenge 4 Change is a registered charity that provides learning through fun and makes a difference as it teaches effective communication skills, team skills, inspires confidence and motivation and enables people to overcome their perceived barriers in order to progress. A double-decker bus has been transformed into an activity extravaganza with a climbing frame affixed to one side and a zip wire for all local businesses to develop their team building spirit. Join in the fun at Business North West to have a sneak peak at what is on offer.
For more information about the charity and how you can get involved, visit www. Challenge4Change.org