Bemas Innovation Award 2012
As a technical manager you are responsible for the management of your company’s assets. A solid maintenance policy contributes daily to higher productivity, prolonged life of your facilities and avoidance of excessive maintenance costs. But is it enough?
In a global economy your company has to compete with companies that have access to (much) cheaper labour and energy. The Western industry is working on innovative products and applications to enable it to remain economically profitable also in the medium term: nanomaterials, bio-based chemicals, etc.
However, before we can transform our existing facilities into tomorrow’s innovative production centres, we have some challenging years ahead of us in which we need to continue to produce profitably. It is in this context that maintenance and reliability play a crucial role.
That is why BEMAS and easyFairs invite you to attend a lecture by Carl Van Camp, Senior Vice-President Polymers of Total Group worldwide, and as past president of Essenscia one of Belgium’s major captains of industry, on April 18.
In his lecture “Innovation and reliability as the critical success factors for a sustainable petrochemical industry in our region”, Mr Van Camp will address the following issues:
- Hoe competitive are our companies in the global market?
- What are the prospects for the (petro)chemical industry in Europe?
- What innovations can we expect and how can they be implemented in our industry?
- What role does reliability play and what can be learn from the Asian companies?
Evening programme Bemas Innovation Award:
- 5:00 pm: Reception – opportunity to freely visit the exhibition and the innovation route
- 6:00 pm: Lecture: “Innovation and reliability as the critical success factors for a sustainable petrochemical industry in our region” by Carl van Camp, Senior Vice-President Polymers of Total
- 6:40 pm: Presentation of the innovations by the three finalists
- 7:00 pm: Announcement of the winner of the BEMAS Innovation Award
- 7:15 pm: Closing speech by the President of BEMAS, Mr. Markus Berger, CEO Elia Engineering
- 7:30 pm: Drinks & finger food